Wednesday, May 09, 2007

 

Smashing Pumpkins: Drown (Live)



No CC's today. Too busy.

Comments:
I'll be buying any further Dips in MVIS. Tokman Rocks!
 
Yeah, that was a pretty good call. Tokman and crew did a tremendous job of selling their story. The anlaysts seemed genuinely impressed with the progress that new management has made in improving the organization. The institutions are definitely starting to take notice of cute little Microvision. This bodes well for someone like me who owns 369 shares.
 
Can someone please tell me what the heck's going on with CSCO. I don't get it. It frankly just bewilders me. Good earnings report, company makes money, but stock goes down.
 
yoka- most of these people are pompus dicks. I wouldn't waste my time asking.

Cisco's guidance was weak.
 
Given the fact that the time line for closing an "embedded" deal sort of expanded towards the end of summer instead of beginning, I still left the call feeling very confident about my share position in the company. I have cash coming that I want to add to MVIS, so if it falls I will be buying more..
 
yoka -- Let me try to explain it for you re: CSCO. The shares ran up a ton in the past couple months. Now when a stock runs up a shitload into earnings (doesn't matter the name) that means that the best is priced into the stock already. Remember everything is forward looking, so if guidance is the slightest bit weak then that good guidance that was priced in will subsequently be discounted into the stock. I would highly recommend that you take a look at how much a stock has run up into earnings as well as its short position. If its run up a ton and there is a small short position then that means the guidance must be spectacular and they cannot miss on bottom or top line EPS and Revs or the shit will get taken out and shot to death. Keep that in mind before you buy a 52 week high into earnings or short a 52 week low into earnings. Ofcourse there are exceptions but the majority of names will be this way. CSCO should sell off another 5-10% before I would consider looking at the name at all.
 
Something about CSCO margins being lower than expected and has been going lower over the last few quarters. Quite frankly, I think the stock would be alot lower if they didn't do the Scientific Atlanta merger awhile back.
 
The Law of Large Numbers makes it difficult to grow 15-20% forever and ever. Caddy is right about margins and SFA has been helping to keep margins up. CSCO has become like JNJ who has to acquire companies to maintain a growth rate in the teens.

Fuck you timmy bryce for calling the folks on this thread pompus dicks...if you don't like this place go find another.
 
Listen I don't want to sound like I am up Fly's ass here cause I have been watching LNN for a long long time now but I would highly recommend slowly building your position. Don't be a fucking idiot and dive in but slowly build. Take a look at this shit right here. I swear there is gonna be a fucking dust bowl this summer I just fucking know it.

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2007-05/nsfc-nss050907.php

Is fucking Rainbird public? Cause I gotta tell you there ain't no way my fucking "almost legal" workers are gonna be able to water my fucking yard all summer. I gotta get a sprinkler system.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.