Tuesday, June 05, 2007

 

Asshat of the Week Award: Bed Bath and Beyond


The reason why Bed Bath and Beyond (BBBY) missed earnings, for the first time in company history, is because they are stupid.

Case in point: They started a chain of stores called "Christmas Tree Shop."

So, during the Christmas season, I walk into one of these stores and guess what? There were no fucking Christmas decorations or Tree's to buy. Trust me when I tell you, no one visits these idiotic stores.

I thought to myself, not knowing BBBY owned them: "this fucking store will be bankrupt inside of one year."

I mean, why name the fucking store, "Christmas Tree Shop" if you have no intention of selling, umm, Christmas Tree's?

Asshat.

In short, Christmas Tree Shops are 10,000 square foot, glorified 99 cent store's. Furthermore, whoever came up with the idea to name a store "Christmas Tree Shop," while excluding fucking Christmas tree's from the store's inventory should be shitcanned or given a gigantic Asshat Award.

Comments:
Bed, Bath, & Beyond is where every red blooded, p-whipped American male goes to die.
 
So, if I click on the picture, it takes me back to this site. What's that all about?
 
anyone see Roger McNamee on CNBC just now (Elevation Partners)? He has long shaggy hair now, looks like a holdout from an 70's druggie band . . I think he looks ridiculous.
 
UPDATE: I guess McNamee actually IS in a band. Still looks ridiculous.
 
This blog really blows smelly, wet huevos rancheros flatulence today.

Gay employee retention announcements, internet/sentiment-shifting crybaby bullshit, and a pussy Ass Half Full award.

The Fly reveals more of his true identity... and she's a woman.

Thank God ShortDaBull is back.
 
Let Danny, finish the week.

Hey did the Strazinni dude from fast money get fired,or just burn out.
 
Way to go SDB on that kick butt ad.

As soon as I write an article deserving of your site's attention, I'll post it.

Bravo!
 
Broker - ARWR's late day action should interest you on this slow trading day.
 
you can submit your own articles?
 
I think so. If you are SDB's buddy.
 
Hey guys,

anybody can submit an article. It then goes in the "upcoming" section and if it gets enough votes (currently set to 3) it gets moved to the main "published" section.

Although right now I'm manually publishing stories (some with only 1 vote) until the site gets rolling.

Here's an FAQ http://www.shortdabull.com/how/

Woody - thanks for the comments. You can submit any article you find interesting though, not just yours.
 
I signed up with the name hercules_bearegarde
 
danny: I just emailed you a few mins ago regarding your avatar (the little pic by your name). It doesn't seem to be loading. Anyways, check your email and I'll get it fixed for you.
 
cool.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.