Friday, June 29, 2007

 

Closing Comments: End of Quarter

Half way through the year and "The Fly" is still holding onto a 30% return (preliminary numbers), year to date. Albeit, I was up 40%+ a few short weeks ago. However, thanks to fucktarded declines in ARWR and MVIS, I gave back a little.

No big deal.

What's important to know is that I intend to crush the cover off the ball, for the remainder of the year.

Thus far, I have enjoyed monster gains in NTRI, BWLD, RIMM, LNN, MVIS, FMCN, HANS, JCG, EQIX, AAPL, MCHX, UPL, VLO, GILD, FXI and GME.

My biggest disappointments have been NYX and ARWR.

For the most part, I have very little exposure in ARWR (I sold a bunch). However, I am still long the fuckers at the NYX.

As you know, energy stocks have ripped higher, as oil prices press new highs. Because of the current price per barrel, coupled with the prospect of hurricanes this summer, I have been adding to my VLO position.

Admittedly, I have not capitalized on the energy run, like I should have.

Finally, it's time to scour the market for second half plays.

Without using my "calculator brain," I'd say stick with hurricane plays and semiconductors. However, over the weekend, I will do some high IQ thinking-- and figure this asshattery out.

NOTE: I think Danny will give us another half hazzard attempt at weekend blogging, sometime this weekend.

Comments:
closing comments are the best part of your blog fly. thanks
 
Fly..appreciate the cc's

Danny, don't fuck up my weekend reading material with another drunken joyride story.
 
don't worry, were on the striaght and narrow these days. visit my thing for more color on the sit.
 
Straight and narrow uh. No more beer for breakfast or abandoning your ride in the ghetto?
 
Anyone here seen that Ditech commercial that says "People are smart". I got one question for these fucks, how can fucking people be so smart if they are locking in a fixed rate home mortgage right now when the FED's next move will be a cut and they can lock in at a lower rate in a few months or so. In other words, people are fucking idiots but think they are smart.
 
Seriously. WHat is this here? PIcop in an ericsson phone?

http://forums.se-nse.net/lofiversion/index.php/t6624.html
 
And one more fucking thing before I get liquored up, you fucking people buying the iPhone and think your just going to casually surf the web like at home have another thing coming, the shit only runs on EDGE which is slow as fuck (about ISDN speed). Too bad they don't have EVDO or 3G, that would be the shizz.
 
gap--i think you're sufficiently lathered up to get liquored up.

you fuckheads have good weekend....
 
Fly, are you still in CORS?
 
CORS looking up. Yes.
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Anyone still like CEO here? July has been its best month last four years - 6.8%, 17.7%, 12.4%, 18.7%
Seasonality weekend.
 
http://www.ericsson.com/ericsson/corpinfo/publications/telecomreport/archive/2007/january/gadgets.shtml

I'm guessing you've seen it though
 
FWIW, I ended up with two iPhones this evening and sold one in about 10 minutes for a $900 cash.

The other one is for me because this thing is pretty fucking cool. AAPL is going to sell millions of these things. Go to an apple store and demo one and see for yourself.
 
nnococo-- how does one just end up with an iphone? Tell me you didn't camp out in line.
 
I'm waiting for the second generation iPhone around Christmas, say $299 to $399. I'll let you first adopters pay for all the R&D and production startup costs.
 
There won't be a 2nd gen hardware iphone for a long time. It's all about the software, which will be updated via Itunes. Go check one of these things out, they're amazing.
 
Camp? No, I have teenage kids do it for me.
 
I saw a group of friends in line who had waited 22 hrs. These three professional business owners had a combined income into seven figures. Some people just like to be a part of something I guess.
 
"Actually,The Greatest Play to Happen at a Baseball Game"

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/167638/rick_monday_tribute_1976/
 
Dollars to donuts says there will be a new iPhone in six months. 3G capability within nine months.

The iPhone is going to breed variants like the iPod. Apple can't afford to let the iPhone become stale because stale phones die quick, violent deaths.
 
dudes, they're serious, i got violently kicked out for filming
 
Keep in mind that I am a photographer. The ability to have hundreds of portfolio images in my pocket to show anyone I happen to meet is going to make me money.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.