Friday, June 22, 2007

 

Live: Selling the Drama


Comments:
Great video. Reminds me of my late high school, early college days.
 
ARWR was added to the Russell 3000 index today, and there were a lot of funds that had to add ARWR shares...

Guess what? They dropped the price as best they could. If you look at a daily chart you can see that the stochastics and other indicators are way oversold and except for today the accum/dist was near the top.

There is really no reason for this drop except for redistribution; I would imagine that next week we head back up...
 
I've been thinking about ARWR/Unidym. Let me throw out some guesstimate numbers:

Say you're sputter coating a 1 sq. ft. sheet of plastic to 0.1 micron thickness. That's about 0.01 cm^3 of material on that sheet. Density of ITO is about 7 g/cm^3, and the price is about $1/g. So I get $0.065/sq. ft. for the abs. minimum material alone. Some material will be lost in the sputtering process, but I don't know how much (say a factor of 6?). I'm not sure this where flat-panel makers are looking to cut costs.

There may be other factors that make CNTs (thank god it's carbon and not copper) cheaper, but I'd wager that the failure rates for ITO coating tech are pretty low at this point.

Full disclosure: I'm long but rethinking it.
 
Hey I just thought I would let you HANS holders know that Monster is sponsoring NASCAR driver Robby Gordon today in the Sonoma road course. I think HANS getting a foothold into NASCAR would be huge. Robby used to whore himself out to RedBull but looks like he switched, he starts second today.

* One word about rednecks and NASCAR and I will DDoS your fucking brains out.
 
its iphone week. any takes on whether we hear an mvis announcement to steal its thunder?
 
can't announce iPhone v2.0 until 6/29, then we hear about the projector in i2.0
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.