Monday, June 25, 2007

 

Sector Spotlight: Internet

Last night, I was 100% certain the market would trade lower today. Then, I spoke to a good contrary indicator this morning, who was long QID, and I knew the bear raid would be short lived.

With all the bullshit being thrown on the windshield, this market keeps marching higher. Truly impressive.

Also, MCHX caught an upgrade today. Finally, someone realized that if YHOO gets their act together, MCHX will sprint to $20.

Oh, I know MVIS is trading down. Shut the fuck up.

The Internet sector is very strong, with big dicked gains in OMTR, VSCN, INSP and ASIA.

Rates are being smashed and Oil is falling through the floor boards. All in a day's work.

Bottom line: I'm not chasing this rally, mainly because I don't feel like it. However, if I were to put money to work, I'd look at some Defense stocks-- like GD, LMT or UIC. And, I'd nibble at some of the Trannies, like ACLI, OSG or FDX-- as a hedge against lower oil prices.

Comments:
"Shut the Fuck Up" - lol Fly, I love your sense of humour...sticking with you btw,
 
Have you been hearing any rumors in NTRI?
 
JASO en fuego!
 
OMTR was a Cramer pick on Friday. Ridiculous how much some of his picks gap up the next day.
 
Erin Burnett has a fine Squawk Box.

That is all.
 
Fuck yeah for HOKU.
 
A whole bunch of the pussy-lipped non-disclosing voters to the http://tickersense.typepad.com/ticker_sense/2007/06/june-25th-blogg.html switched from "bullish" to "bearish" or "neutral" based on two bad days in a bad week. More "contrary tells" from the internets.
 
The market is looking like the opposite of the day last week (Thurs.?) when the general market was creamed, but the semis (SMH) gave the signal of a rebound. Today the general market is strong but the semis are weak indicating a probable reversal to the downside today.
 
Is Sue Herera a man?
 
Fly, post some shit, dammit. Today sux at work, and the markets are boring the crap out of me. C'mon, give us leeches something to chew on.
 
Fly's post: "Market is up as usual...I expecet to hear something from MVIS soon" - lol repeat this for the next month or so and you won't even have to loggin - haha just kidding fly.
 
MATK close to breaking out.
 
Hey chinballs, put down that cup of dunkin donuts black tarfee and give us something to ruminate upon!
 
damn shed, you're antsy. Here's some off-the-cuff smidgeons:

Remember fly's scarcity argument re Cramer? Totally came to fruition, I just noticed. He is only on real$ now. That makes sense.

MVIS is getting poo-canned, but last I checked Tokman is still alive the picop still exists, so, fuck it.

ducati smells like an old goat's cheese

market is strong, with tech leading, like it has been for the recent past.

stocks that are green and staring me in the face;

CETV, VIP, CTCM all have to do with foreign TV or cell phones.

CTV - someone, buy it for me

stocks I hate: amgn
 
thks danny, i feel better now. srry about your ride!
 
thanks!


added note: GOOG MF!

I guess things can't go stupendous forever, but it could have been worse (could have been in the car when it got jacked).

I'm back on the horse grinning.
 
The NASDAQ looks like its fading almost as fast as Danny's car in the impound lot
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.