Wednesday, June 13, 2007

 

Shiny Toy Guns: You Are The One


Comments:
Are you still holding SE or did you dump it?

It keeps popping up on one of my stock screens, moves up a little, then drops again.

Any updates or additional thoughts that you are willing to share?

Thanks.
 
Still in.

Through out history, spin offs outperform the parent company. I suspect SE will do better than DUK.
 
Broker A - here are my findings from the MVIS annual shareholder meeting.

Ok so I just got back from the shareholder meeting (got a speeding ticket on the way back) and here's my opinion. First of all, there are some whacky investors in Microvision. Some dimwit kept "suggesting" lame ideas to Tokman and kept pushing something about global warming and kept asking how much gas Microvision could save the airline companies if the picoP was to be installed in a Boeing 787. Alex did everything he could to not burst out laughing while I couldn't help myself and did. The guy was acting like he was looking for a job and after his demonstration of ilogic nonesense I don't think they'd hire him to wipe their floors.

Not much new came out of the meeting but I did ask tokman, in the Q and A, about a possible hostile takeover and the poison pill and what his plans would be if this were to happen. He was vague and responded that they would have several options if that were to ever occur. He did admit that they are increasingly becoming a more "attractive" target.

I saw, for the first time, the picoP with my own eyes and I have to say that I was impressed. The videos you see on the web do not do it justice. I insisted that they turn the lights on so we could see it with the room well lit and from about 2-3 feet the picture was still very good. Better than what you would get from an lcd in the same environment. With the lights dimmed the color saturation is simply unbelievable. The deepest reds I've ever seen. The speckle everyone is talking about is really negligible and it is only slightly evident on certain types of backgrounds.

Tokman did mention in the Q and A that lightblue optics and TI are no where close to offering what microvision currently has. He also said that the claim that lightblue optics has made in regard to eliminating speckle is false and that it would be impossible since they too use lasers. Tokman also gave a vague answer in regard to the conversion of the warrants and simply laughed when he said that "they would do what is in the best interest of the company."

I also asked tokman, one on one, why there is such a lack of insider buying given the huge prospects and cheap price of Microvision. He stated that the BOD and himself do not have lot of cash; "We are not rich, but hopefully that will not be the case in a few years".

All in all I walked away with a good feeling and am more confident in the technology and management than ever before. Tokman gives me the feeling that he can be trusted. He seems to be very sincere and open about his intentions. Good luck to everyone....
 
Excellent work, Paul.
 
Paul,

Thanks for the report. I can totally picture that nut job who was asking stupid questions. Reminds me of every city council meeting I have ever attended.

I have a token position in MVIS and enjoy following along.
 
MVIS ASM summary and pics at:
http://dailyspeculator.blogspot.com/2007/06/reflections-microvision-2007-asm.html
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.