Friday, June 08, 2007

 

Weekend Bender

I am hard at work on the Monster Java video. I think it will be an epic saga, revealing many an untold truth about the potency contained within that special aluminum shell. I wonder if LABL prints the can? That would further solidify Java's magnificence.

Unfortunately, even once the video is done, compressing it (not with DIVX) and uploading it onto the web will take another six some-odd hours. For that reason, ETA is Saturday, but if it is Sunday, well, then, so be it. You have nothing better to do or live for in the mean time, and will most likely be jacking it, so I'd just fucking accept it.

As for a post today, I am trying to finish the aforementioned cinematic masterpiece, so I am forced to plagiarize from myself. If they sue, I will be fucked. Sorry if you've already read that article, but I don't have the time write something glorious if I'm hard at work on a video for all you internets ritards.

Apple, one of Flyseph's core holdings, has been shitting on the faces of the shorts for some time now. I, for one, was fully aware of that glory before every Tom, Dick, and Harry analyst started to give the stock oral on CNBC. My price target for that steaming heap of Job's filled glory? - $366, and that's dollars, not bolivianos. I think that target may be here sooner than 2012 if it gets a serious premium multiple again, but I don't count on shit like that.

Some things have changed though since I wrote that story. Now, Apple is encouraging people to make it a media centerpiece. It has enabled a youtube connection, and I don't think it is long before they really make an attempt at getting a lot more content on there from the cable and movie networks. They realized, probably by reading my blog, that I was right--we need all those shows and movies at our fingertips, and we need it in HD otherwise it's not as cool. Low switching cost + high new features = blockbuster product. So, if they can fix some of the features that I thought the iTV logically would have, but didn't, like no HDTV, no good shows, then we got a fuck-the-shorts type of situation, not to mention the iphone possibilities.

I also feel really strongly that the 2009 digital TV switch will make everyone a "home theatre enthusiast/expert," and such an "expert" will obviously need max functionality, capability, and coolness. Apple has all of that with enough left over to make your midget sister look cool.

Anyway, read the article, watch the video tomorrow/Sunday, and suck my fucking nuts. See you next time.

Comments:
Danny, be sure and save all your receipts this weekend.

I'm sure Broker A has a PayPal account or some such shit.
Hell even the ritards would probably send a dollar each.

The whole Apple set up is interesting to say the least. Can't wait to see the new phone. I'm skeptical but I'm old and based on the run Apple has had retarded.

I like the other guys Sandisk,Napster,MSFT,HP
 
Only $366? a number most be off somewhere....
 
Danny, screw you, you're not working on our video, you're out on the beach scoring chicks.

That's the problem with you youngsters- no work ethic!
 
Danny, head down to "The Pennant" in So. Mission and tell "Bullet" to fix you up a "Three Wiseman" before you start your Cinematography, this way your work will be Oscar worthy material. Great post on Apple by the way.
 
Danny, any way you could get a couple shots of Brent's old pad, from where he used to lord down over you skater punks?
 
Danny, I agree with your prediction on Apple.

In the next couple years I believe we will see mail based movie services such as netflix and blockbuster total access give way to set top boxes which can deliver movies on demand for a monthly fee. Who wants to wait two days for a goddamn movie to ship when you can just press a button.

iTV isn't there yet, but it is a foundation. With Apple's brand, quality, media contracts, and style, they will have a real edge over their competition.

We will see if Apple can do for TV, what it has done for Music.
 
Good suggestions brent, I am gonna give it a go. I like south mission (pennant) for the relax, much more fun to drink at. Though it's gay to wait in line and pay cover, PB is reserved for the nightly sorority slut-flest 07.

I hope I/we are right on Apple. I think in the spirit of business (seek and destroy) how could Apple not want to enter this huge money arena? It is their destiny.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.