Monday, July 30, 2007

 

Closing Comments

Put your fucking champagne corks away; the battle is not over.

These bear fuckers will come to work tomorrow and try to punch your lips off. The problem, for them, is the record short interest. All the short covering puts a floor underneath the market. Therefore, it makes sense to go out in the market, like a fucking Teutonic Knight, and start axing away at your favorite names.

While it's true, "The Fly" has been "machine gunned" on several picks, as of late. However, keep in mind, fuckers, I'm playing chess not checkers. Unlike you (internet jerk off), I have ample cash reserves and a diversified portfolio.

So what did I do today?

Well, I opened a bunch of trading positions in GS, LEH, CENX, RS and a few aggressive option plays. Also, I added to my abysmal MCHX and glorious MVIS positions. It's worth noting, MCHX scares me.

As for tomorrow:

Look for sign's of "big dickery," such as a big share buyback or private equity deal. As sure as I'm sitting here, any big private equity deal will send the bears packing and the DOW to new highs.

Finally, on this bounce, try to avoid energy stocks. Instead, focus on companies that reported kick ass numbers, which are now discounted, such as VMI, AZZ, LNN or HANS.

NOTE: Treasuries look like a good short here, via TLT.

Comments:
Fly - question re MCHX scaring you: how do your stocks tend to do when they scare you? I know you recently mentioned that you felt bulletproof & that was never a good thing, which happened to be prophetic.
 
Bruce--

The last stock that scared me was ARWR.

You may want to sit this one out and watch from the bleachers.
 
thx, I'm in & staying in for now .I'm thinking of adding based on technicals but I'll be patient and let things take shape before earnings. Is VCLK a clue re MCHX earnings? Are earnings Aug 8?
 
Fly,

"If you are patient and willing to average in on dips"....

In an earlier post you mentioned that a contract renewal with YHOO was in the near future. I could not find any info on the topic. Could you please provide more news on this? It may provide a timeline for the leeches as well.
 
BRLC, a little dab'll do ya.

Did Danny win, btw?

Was there any real doubt?

___________________

Oh yeah, whaddaya think of the Yukon Cornelius Special?

SLV and GLD?
 
Yoka--

Listen to the last conference call.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.