Saturday, July 28, 2007

 

Ragin Cajun, and the important matter of a revolution.

I guess this is how it feels when a musician preforms on stage for the first time. I feel nervous, yet excited, that people all over the internets will hear what I have to say.

First, let me do a proper introduction. My name is Ragin' Cajun, and I come from the bayou state of Louisiana. I do not view myself as a country boy, mainly because I grew up in the murder capital of the world-- New Orleans. I moved out to Lafayette a few years ago to study business at UL Lafayette, home of the Ragin' Cajuns. My family still lives in New Orleans and suffered major damage from that bitch named Katrina. And, I have a hot ass girlfriend!

I started trading stocks when I was 19 years old, my first trade was AT&T Wireless. The very next week the company was bought out by BellSouth, and I banked Coin-- dumb luck. From that moment, I was hooked on the stock game!

So what was I thinking when I purchased my first stock? Well, first I was a current customer, and I noticed AT&T wireless stores popping up left and right. They had a new camera phone, which was the first one to come to the market. Me, being the early adopter, I had to have one. Within 2 days, they were sold out, I instantly thought, "This company has got to be making money hand over fist, plus the stock is cheap." I think it was trading somewhere around $8 bucks.

Well, the point that I'm trying to make is, I was dumb, I had no idea what a stock was and what made it cheap or expensive. I had no clue about financial statements, and how to value companies. But guess what, I had a winner, and sometime it's that simple to find a winning stock! This is no advice in how to invest, but it can be a great starting point. You just have to look around you. (I can only imagine the first time people see a kid playing his favorite YouTube video on a wall, via PicoP from his Motorola handset, it just makes me want to own even more MVIS.)

Anyway, I'm not here to pump MVIS, you already know that's a winner, and going to $10. I'm here to talk about another stock, ERTS. This is a stock, even if I knew nothing about investing, I would want to own. Why, you ask? Two very important new games, on new consoles: NCAA 2008 and Madden 2008. I don't think you old farts realize the power of video games, and the fact that we just rolled out a new generation of consoles. You, probably think that story is old and tired, but I'm here to tell you WAKE THE FUCK UP, and smell the Tony Hawk. Kids go crazy over these games, and with new consoles, they want the new games with the new graphics (NVDA), especially Madden.

This game not only appeals to the young, but even the old. I know grown folks that play Madden and can't wait for it to come out. I also see college kids who play this game until the sun comes up, battling roommates for light bills. This game has started a revolution: TV shows, Tournaments, and even SuperBowl like championship rings are made for this game. This is it, and this is the first year for Madden on all 3 new video game consoles. This will be huge!

Stop worrying about P/E ratios, and dare to invest like it was your first investment and you had no idea what the fuck a P/E ratio was. Invest for the game, invest for the revolution. Madden '08 release date August 14, 2007

For you chart-chompers:


Fuck the MACD, RSI, and moving averages, I'm only worried about the huge spike up, the same time last year that would have netted you 19 points, when the last installment of NCAA and Madden came out.

Lets also take into consideration, that on a DOW down 200 pt day, ERTS experienced unusual high-volume call activity (What is CWTR doing on that list). Anyway, the company reports next week on Wednesday-- after the close, I will be putting half my position on Monday, and the rest after the earnings report. Should we get a big decline after earnings, I will be loading up this truck with nothing but ERTS.

Oh yea, one more thing. Check this shit out, historically August has been the best month to own ERTS.

Note: If my grammar is fucked up, I blame it on the fact I live in Louisiana.

I guess I will post a YouTube video now, since it seems like the thing to do on this blog. First, I would just like to warn you that this guy does not represent me (far from me, New Orleans boy remember), nor does he represent Louisiana, but he does represent the true definition of a coonass.


Comments:
Where can I get a pair of teeth like that!?

Nice job RC!
 
Nice Blast Cajun!

We are still awaiting the score from the Romanian Judge.
 
Fly,

5 weekend bloggers! This is fucked up. Haven't you ever heard of self-regulation?

No one likes monopolies... I'm going to have to talk to my friends in the Democratic party to break this blog party up.

-DT
 
Nice pitch in ERTS. I know what it is and I know the industry. But I doubt one good video game is enough to hype a company. Besides it is really an unknown whether Madden 08 will be a hit or not.

While playing games is a luxury of life. There are something that is a necessity of life. The PGM metals is a must have for human civilization, whether you realize it or not. SWC is the only PGM producer in the US and the richest PGM mine in the whole world. The price of SWC is now at the bottom of a steal. Don't miss the ppportunity to pick it up monday.

Important thing to keep in mind is SWC releases earnings on Aug. 6th. By some of my best estimate this will be an absolutely BLOW OUT quarterly earning for SWC, due to some inventory recycled metal it MUST have sold within the quarter and realized profits. Read about it on my blog.
 
Nice pick, Cajun.
I'm a member of the Atari generation, so I'm going gaga for these next generation consoles and games.
I'm 36 and I was right with those kids in line for the Xbox 360 at midnight the day it came out . I've already reserved my copy of Assassin's Creed.
I could see myself at 55, 60 and beyond still playing video games.
The games are sick now, just think where they're going.
ERTS has an amazing line up in addition to Madden 08, which looks to be their best version yet.
Warhammer Online will be a huge surprise hit.
Spore is coming out next year which is projected to sell over 7 million units. Crysis, Half Life 2, My Sims, Burnout Paradise and Command and Conquer will be big hits as well.
Many blockbusters in the pipeline and the next gen console roll out is heating up. The PS3 is $100 cheaper and sales are picking up.
On top of that, they have a new CEO with more of a global strategy.
His first major move was to restructure EA into 4 distinct units to streamline its operations.
I could see EA making some big acquisitions as well. EA already owns 15% of Ubisoft and they have 9 bucks per share in Cash or $3B to fund a take out.
EA is a great grab here.
Nice work, RC.
 
Hey Cajun what's your thoughts on funcom.ol?
 
Good post RC

NCAA 2008 and Madden 2008 will be hits for sure. Anyone who doubts this, also doubt Crocs!
 
Great job Cajun.
 
You rock Matt, and so does ATVI with endless Guitar Hero sequels. My son can’t wait for Sept Halo3 release.
 
Thanks for the comments guys!

I can't believe JJ tried to pitch SWC, on my post.

I don't know enough about Funcom to comment. Let me see what I can dig up.
 
He should apply at FEMA for some Katrina money to get his teeth fixed.
Those game software people make good dollars. ERTS game offices are just a few miles from my house and at the University of Central Florida you can get a masters degree in video game development (interactive entertaiment).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.