Tuesday, July 03, 2007

 

Sector Spotlight: Financials

With the market at new highs, it makes sense to go long the financials, particularly the brokers. Even though "The Fly" is not heavily invested in the sector, doesn't mean some fucktard (you) on the interent shouldn't.

As you know, the financials represent 21% of the S&P 500, making them a must own for most mutual funds. Recently, thanks to robust growth, the brokers have dominated the sector with spectacular returns.

However, due to a myriad of non issues, many of them have sold off. In my opinion, the recent declines in GS, BSC, LEH, MS, MER and BCS represent an ideal buying opportunity.

Naturally, if I had to choose one, I'd say go long GS.

Additionally, smaller firms are enjoying monster runs, based upon takeover rumors. Look at OPY.

Aside from finanacials, I like the action in the Trannies, especially OSG, KEX and FDX.

Finally, I would not chase iphone plays, such as SNCR. AAPL has a history of fucking their partners, mainly because Steve Jobs is a ruthless prick. Also, following bullshit numbers, MRVL looks good for a trade here.

Comments:
Hey Fly,

Long GS? I thought the fair value for it was $50? Just kidding. Have a great 4th with the family.
 
That was evil Fly's price target.
 
Hey chinballs-

slow day!
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
LGBT is the perfect break-out play for this blog.
 
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMmm! Welcome back!
 
HAHAHAHA Dawsz

Fly, what's up with Danny? Is he in a TJ prison?
 
HANS is a screaming buy here. Good "stuff" coming for the stock in the months ahead. CEO is out of the country. Buy weakness.
 
"LGBT is the perfect break-out play for this blog."

That's the gayest thing I've heard all week.
 
Hmmm. I didn't know what planetout was. How come you guys knew instantly?
 
mdaw-- Last time I checked this is a RETARDED BLOG.
 
dudesephs, I am lacking any internets until friday. Glad to hear of the concern on my behalf. TJ prison was cleaner than I thought.
 
You've got to see this. The perfect accessory to go with the new PicoP laptop display.

http://www.digitalworldtokyo.com/index.php/shop/product/full_set_of_three_usb_humping_dogs/
 
Hey Fly,
Did these guys beat MVIS to market

http://www.digitalworldtokyo.com/index.p...

Also, when are we going to hear the good news? I'm going nuts man.
Thanks,
kd
 
Did u just diss my SNCR?



(Steve Jobs is a prick. What happened to PLAY?)
 
PLAY got bought..
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.