Monday, July 02, 2007

 

Sector Spotlight: Metals

"The Fly" has lots of good idea's. Over the weekend, instead of waiting on a geek stacked line for the new iphone, I listened to about 1,000 conference calls-- in an effort to find some new "future winners."

Thus far, I am not sold on any of them. However, a few stand out, such as APLX, BRLI, AZZ, USNA and CGX.

Over the next week or so, I'll have many more names and possible entry points.

Regarding USNA:

Although the prospect of "mushroom clouding" an ex convict turned "bear shitter" is certainly appealing, I need to do some more "research" first.

As for the general market:

It appears, once again, the sellers are receiving a few battle ax blows to the cranium, especially in the Metals.

Within the sector, RTP, AA, PCU, STLD, BHP, KALU and RTI have strong momentum.

Also, LOCM is screaming bloody murder, with the most fucktarded gains I've seen in some time. As you know, at one point "The Fly" was loading up on this little fucker, but sold out. Trust me when I say, "The Fly" feels like throwing live monkey's at the person who told me to sell it.

Finally, my favorite networking stock, EQIX, is setting up to blow past $100. Keep an eye on that. And, until MVIS clears up the warrant situation, expect volatility. However, once done, I expect MVIS to punch the lips off the sellers, just like LOCM is doing now.

NOTE: I'm not buying the FMCN dip, yet.

NOTE II: Please take the new "Fly Survey." Will you buy the iphone?

NOTE III: HANS to $50.

Comments:
HANS sucks.
 
I-Phones are kind of feminine.

NO -- Hell No.
 
Good point Mrkc.

I never thought of it that way.

NTRI on flames.
 
No to iphone......not switching carriers.
 
Woody,

Why would you say such a thing? Please elaborate..
 
Yoka, because I hate the stock. It punishes me regularly, causing me to buy it high and sell it low. Then, as soon as I do, it reverses.

Plus, I sense Fly getting ready to revert to third person, and that means he needs a good ball busting.
 
Because he probably stopped out, like a bitch.
 
Not this time, Fly. This time I pussed out. No stops hit. But that was last week, and this is this week, so I'm over it.
 
You have no convictions.
 
You're right, in a lot of cases, I don't. Sometimes I do. Just depends on the stock and how it is trading and what the indexes are doing.

But that is old news. Why don't you hit me with something that I haven't already punished myself with?
 
no iphone ... no crackberry ... prolly gonna dump my cellphone & look for new service... hate those cingular effers
 
Iphone?
No mofo way...useless piece of shit, but then, people, at times, are useless pieces of shit also...I think they are the ones buying.....Hey! Buy a friggin book and maybe you will learn something.
 
$600 to be "cool" amongst the Apple iGeeks? No Thanks! Plus, passing the AT&T store on my way to lunch with the woman, and then another AT&T store on the way the Home Depot, I noticed it was a bunch of iGeek men huddled around a table, waiting for the store to close, then reopen, probably playing Magic to pass the time.
 
Broker do you have any insight into the near term short interest in NTRI? I am wondering how many shorts have not covered on this move. Wonder when too much is enough for these guys. On another note I would not be surprised if NTRI is taken out in the near future. I just have a feeling that is going to happen and for cash.
 
FWIW, I like my iPhone. It is good for a small business owner like myself. It will help me get out of the office more.
 
What is an iphone?
 
I never got that LOCM sell signal :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.