Tuesday, August 14, 2007

 

Closing Comments

"It's like shooting fish in a barrel," with regards to selling short the financials. Naturally, the elimination of the uptick rule has not led to any momentum to the downside. After all, we need an "even playing field," regardless of whether the new playing field destroys the world--providing it's "even."

Oh, and how about the "safe haven" in tech, poleaxing the faithful today, with "big dicked" losses in the semi's, networkers and internets.

As for me:

I am betting on a bounce, but not expecting much. For the most part, I've been in and out of stocks, like a whack-a-mole, trying to scalp profits.

No exaggeration, I have been 100% successful in my recent day trades. Proving once again, how much smarter I am than you, via my *patented* "calculator brain."

It's amazing to see TMA getting blown out. Those guys are prime baby.

Just burn your house and call it a day.

Finally, I'll have you know, right now, "The Fly" has his new weatherman flying his helicopter in the middle of Tropical Storm Dean, to check for wind shear-- and shit like that. I told him "find me a fucking hurricane you stupid bastard, shit is tight here."

Last time he called, he said "it's fucking windy out here," enabling "The Fly" to go long some natty.

Comments:
Fly's daytradin and chasing hurricanes-
very bearish indicators. No more Oatmeal fuck that its Ho's Ho's washed down with Monster.

I thought GS, LEH, BSC, AIG, WM were prime too. I ain't feeling a bounce, Wal-Mart looks like a buy but I think its going lower.

Cash is king just don't put it in Money Market.
 
FWIW, the latest models have Dean hitting S. FL as a CAT 2-3 on the 22nd, then bombing in the gulf and hitting around the FL/AL line as a CAT 4 on the 24th. And no, I'm not making that up.
 
Jackpot.
 
I don't think TMA has reopened from the news halt but the bid-ask seems to indicate an improvement of $2.00 or so.
 
Angry Attorney, show me a link please.
 
I would like to buy some TMA as a spec especially since I see insiders made outright purchases as reported Aug. 7 but it scares the hell out of me when the Pres. has to come out and say they have no plans for a Chapt. 11.
 
Houston Chonicle's model,
http://weather.chron.com/auto/chron/tropical/tracking/at200704_model.html
 
http://www.easternuswx.com/bb/index.php?showtopic=139833&st=200

The link is to a great weather board if you are into that kinda thing. Place is frequented by dozens and dozens of mets, and mostly everyone is a weather geek and they love hurricanes.

The model is the 12Z Euro, btw
 
Whad da farg are Gary Carter and Keith Hernandez doin' hangin' with a bunch o' weather geeks?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.