Monday, August 27, 2007

 

Closing Comments

Beware of the "sleepy market." Next thing you know, Mother Market will wake your dumb ass up, while asleep on a Lazy Boy chair, with a few brass knuckled punches to the nose.

It's easy to be complacent, wait around for something fun to happen. However, seasonality says you better pay attention to the market, particularly where danger lurks (financials).

In my opinion, it makes sense being long SRS (homebuilder short), short LAZ (60%+ of revenue derived from m&a), while long basic materials (ATI, RS, CENX, KALU) or niche plays-- like iiG, MVIS or HANS.

During this time of year, it is not important to "bank coin." Now is the time to hunker down, face painted camouflage with knife in hand, while trying to survive and preserve gains, until October.

Naturally, if Mother Market is going to start handing out free money, via large dips in high quality names, "The Fly" will be there to take it. However, for the most part, I anticipate the market to be range bound, as fucktards and "calculator brains" clash for market dominance.

In short, don't rush any trades, else your broke ass will end up on the "vallar system," devoid of real currency.

NOTE: Thus far, the price of dry commodities have been unscathed. Best way to play the dry commodity boom is via DBA.

Comments:
Looks like Felix UNGar tried to make a move at the end of day today, showing some nice relative strength compared to the rest of the day's movers.

Still got some gap to fill though.

(I know, that's what she said.)
 
Fly- your blog is swooning to second tier status, quickly.

Only 2 comments on the CCs? Wow- I think your sub-prime loans are being reset.
 
I would like to clarify the difference between Gay and Queer
gay can be either men or women - Queer is definitely all men - like in Men only.

I am a Libertarian - a student of Ayn Rand - also Alan Greenspan (who some of you love to hate) is a libertarian. In a get-together back in the 60's someone asked Ayn Rand - could you sum up the "philosophy of Objectivism" the forerunner to libertarian philosophies (and I kid you not) she said "It is simple - everyone is responsible for their own orgasm!"
As for giving head - don't forget to wait for the "quiver." Then pull the trigger and sell the stock. Make sure you know where you are going to buy the stock and sell the stock before you enter the buy - and don't change your mind - except to lessen the gain or lessen the loss. That's the lesson!

Fly as always - thank god we didn't look at CFC. I'm still looking at a slow week to rise the market to 13,500 - and I am very scared about my next move - which is to short RIMM....I don't care how big the blackberry is - I remember two tin cans with a waxed string pulled tight between them - excellent communication - RIMM yes
short at the right time (Maybe corresponding with 13,500) RIMM's short-term destiny is to fill a gap between 65 and 55 and it is selling north of 81-That's about 20 points (on the 3 for 1 new price) this is not for the weak and a stop has to be broad enough to keep the traders from flushing the shortstop out of the game. Remember the shortstop is the most valuable player in the infield.
 
addendum:

If RIMM approaches 77 I may become a player (SHORT) Highchartpatterns.com is a subscription service I belong to
and they are looking for RIMM to start basing before they recommend it as a BUY (which should be a break above 82 with high volume.) This is a dilemma for me as I feel they are technically superior to most. Remember - basing to a buy and basing to a short - have many similarities - except for "trend" and the trend is your friend and in this case it is not the friend of the shorts. BUT.......

I'm off the air tomorrow - you can get some relief I'm headed back to my "VW Camper" in the woods of Flagstaff...where the deer and the antelope play.
 
Thanks for the LAZ short comment. After I chomped the chart last night I set a trigger for my entry that was hit shortly after the open. A too tight trailing stop netted me a nice $1,000 gain while I worked my regular job...

Thank you also for the rest of your enlightening and entertaining blog.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.