Tuesday, August 14, 2007

 

Evacuate. Nah, Just Kidding. Run.


Comments:
Wind Shear and steering currents are strong and there is a decent chance it will be pushed up the East coast and if it misses Carolina it will fade out. However, it looks like it is taking Andrews path so its a crap shoot. I am still looking for my computers that got blown out of the fifth floor onto US 1 (from my office in the South Miami-Kendall office) back in'93.
 
what you got a doppler radar in you basement now. You want to be a weatherman like AL Roker don't you.
Thanks for the update AL
 
We are at the point of almost the whole market in terms of indexes
strongly basing at S2 (pivot point)
although there are 3 hours to go this basing may signal Resistance - and strong resistance to going down - at this point - it's what the fuck do I know. I am going long the Q's thru more QLD assuming the basing continues thru one more 15 minute bar. If you follow me you will find yourself in the darkness of the NYC sewage system. Now while I wait the 15 minutes I have to ask myself - am I gambling or taking a calculated risk based on technical analysis - and yet strong basing in this market means the breakout - could go either way. Should I wear a cap or just go in the sewage system the way I am? I'll call it at 1:30pm
 
I just hired my own personal weatherman.

Shortly, I will make him fly his helicopter into the eye of Dean.

You know, just to check the wind sheer and shit like that.
 
fly - i do not follow FWLT, but would you recommend it pending destruction in the gulf?
 
$10 says the new weatherman ("weather analyst") is or looks like a heaveyweight boxer.
 
Fly, some fucker made that map up. Hopefully not you. NOAA hasn't put a path out that far. Plus, with exsisting forcasts of the high pressure ridges coming off of the great plains and the rockies, the hurricane is projected to yaw northward. 18% chance to go NW of cuba, the other 82%s have it going north of Florida. The person that sent you that map is long nat gas, talking his fucking book. Did he print that out, draw that line on there with a Sharpie, then scan it?

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/143523.shtml?5day#contents
 
OTR- you'd have a better edge betting on NFL exhibition football.

I'd say 12,500 before 13,500. Nasty. Wait til people want to start pulling their funds out, we are going to see how liquid things really are.

Hurricanes are for Asshats.
 
dung, how does FWLT relate to the gulf?
 
mrkcBill - you are correct and I am not going long the Q's at 1:30
I believe the Dow will be breaking the all important 13,100 today -
and so maybe the swirl at the drain pipe will begin to whip those suckers down.
 
FWLT - The Global E&C Group designs, engineers, and constructs onshore and offshore upstream oil and gas processing facilities; natural gas liquefaction facilities and receiving terminals...
 
traddercaddy: I lived in Perrine during Andrew...what a lovely ride that was. By the 35th day with no power, it got really old.

Like that map...although why not just have it hit MIA and then NO? BTW, according to that track, the storm is going about 100 miles an hour...LOL
 
Just as I finished the above - the resistance kicked in at 13,100 -
I may revise my decision at 2pm
Resistance is an influential condition that increases odds to success. We'll see.
 
mrkcbill-
Where the fuck is this "liquid" going to be put to work? I've heard the weak dollar excuse, the housing market demise, the end of equities, the credit crunch, the fat girl thesis, bird flu, global warming, options back dating scandals,etc.

It's nothing but bullshit.

Hurricanes are for asshats. But, if a cat 4-5 hits St.Pete,FL or Charleston,SC and wipes out a couple hundred thousand homes the fed will cut rates and the financial's and the market will rally.
 
crude is spot on....that map is complete fantasy at this point.

If anyone wants the real shit, link below.

http://www.ih2000.net/ira/bmt-wth.htm
 
Fly,

Have you interviewed Ducati for the weatherman/flying helicopter into eye of storm job?

-DT
 
Mule--

Fuck you, that map is bible.

Go ahead, plan that fishing trip to the Gulf. See if I care.
 
10-4 BA.....I'll believe that biblical prediction when I see Jim Cantore on my street, or a real link to a NOAA site.
 
Cheesefries-

I lived through Hugo in Charleston, S.C. It was terrible, but could have been much worse, had the storm tracked just a few miles farther south.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.