Wednesday, August 29, 2007

 

"I Can't Believe We're Going Down Again"


Comments:
Fly, the wife can't be happy about you never coming to bed. Next thing you know, you'll be getting the "It's either the internets or me" speech.
 
Not sure why you entertainted this fucking loser by putting him on the blog. Reading Danny is much more entertaining that this beartard...

I thought everybody was in agreement that the market was going to get bitch slapped.

I was so convinced that I loaded up on QID, SRS etc into the close (NOT!)

Stay long and strong my friends.
 
Fly! I posted this on Tim Knight's site - You are one of the first pages of a very few that I read and think with - so is Tim's:


Tim:
Jake has become a frequent poster here in a short time. He is a frequent poster on The Fly. Before I get back to Jake - I want you (Tim) to know that The Fly (aka Broker A) comes at the market from an unorthodox way and is very good at keeping his senses even though the market may be shattering. Tim, you likewise, come to the Market with (what many people think) is an anti-american (a "short investor") attitude. Believe it or not ...I have made money with both you and the Fly - as every method and attitude has its day - and the best spokesman for methods (unorthodox as they may be) are you and the Fly.

Back to Jake - he never seems comfortable posting on either site - Hemroids maybe - and sitting on a fence certainly is not a comfortable place for that condition.
Tim Thanks for being here - and lets move on from the asshat and bulltard discussion - you are certainly bigger than that
Actually, one of the biggest voices of Contrarians. Very few people know that you take Long positions or Calls when they come down the pike - in your methods.

Thanks again for being here - lets move on - there is a wonderful volatility coming and we don't want to miss it!

On The Road
 
i dont kno if to cry or laugh ... that was a fucking ridiculous video ... but hey - this is the fly's board - and he can do whatever he wants to ...

holy shit ... grunt ! that was good.

ok ok - back to reality ... FED SCHMED ...

the point here is that the Fly is right ... if the fed Knee Jerks on the fucking discount rate ... (they dont jerk around - never - they are in the mode of paced moves... that has been the bernanki and greenworm way) --- if they JERK .. then more steps are coming.

So why doesnt everyone just fucking chill out out - go get a monster energy drink - or some oatmeal or - fucking big spleef or something like that.

CHILL !!! ... ok - back to the point at hand ... Big V bottom ?
ok - V or W ... what ever the case - the consuella of consilidation ... has got to do her friggin dance and then we will know ...

idot
 
Timely upgrade for one of Flys's (and My) stocks:

08/28/2007 10:14 *DOW JONES NEWWIRES EQUINIX (EQIX) Started At Outperform At Raymond James >EQIX
 
Dipshit Kerouac:

As I noted on Tim's blog, I was a poster there long before I ever found this place (hat tip to the Goddess, btw).

Get your farking story straight, you peyote-snarfing, sweat-lodge visioning, belly-flap slapping PolyPrep fucktard.

Your due diligence in on par with the Mr. Belvedere undertaker below.
 
Broker Broker 1-9, you hangin' long and strong CORS, or is she going to have a slow death/
 
On the Road to the Cemetary:

What's more, I am not "on the fence" -- which you would note from backtesting my posts at Tim's. I'm an unapologetic bull at the moment, and will be until the COT trade swings the other way.
 
imo Dougie Kass has a good idea shorting ORCL . Chart could break down easily & they have big exposure to banks.
 
Brucie, before you unzip to douse the last embers from the US Banking campfire, take a look at this piece from a Merrill broker bud today... granted it was from CNN Money, so take it w. a grain of salt:

Total insider buying in the United States reached $252 million in August, the highest level since 2003, according to the Financial Times. The month normally averages $186 million in such trades.

Some market sectors that have fallen the most in recent weeks, such as banking and insurance, also saw the most buying activity, the paper said.

In the U.S., stock buys by management at S&P 500 banks, lenders and insurance companies hit a 12-year-high according to Bloomberg data quoted in the news report.

Meanwhile, insider sales have dropped correspondingly, to $2.9 billion compared to a four-year monthly average of $4 billion average, the paper reported.

 
I may be extrapolating, but I gotta think the above would also correlate w. some Bank M&A coming down the pike here.
 
Thanks Jake - get positive - and your profits will go up - remain a critic and...well...you know how it feels.
 
Buy chips on the dips.
 
jake - true, insider buying has been noticeably good .. but insiders are notoriously early .. I think we are not done with this chop & not done with the downside, so I want hedges.

And I never liked Larry Ellison.
 
Ah...moving right along.

MVIS I have a standing order for 5000 shares at 4.55 (LONG) It handled yesterday very nicely I also have a standing order at 4.45.

RIMM I have a standing short order
for RIMM at 1000@81.26, 1000@81.57
to correspondingly be cancelled at 77 where I have a conditional short in
when passing 77.10 to short 3000@77 I have entered shortstops
at $1.00 above entry prices.

That's the long and short of it - actually, I'm not watching any other security but resistance on the Q's
Oh...one more security which I have a large position in (because of my age AND because it brings women into the fold) PTN I do not recommend it although two large drug companies have positions in this security - and are supporting the burn rate. I am willing to take a total loss on this security
"ride it to the ground"
 
Brucie,

Can't argue with you there. Ellison is almost as annoying a ponce as the Geritol Gerry Garcia who keeps nattering at me from the back of his Scooby Doo VW conversion van.
 
maybe explains the move in MVIS today:

http://www.portfolio.com/culture-lifestyle/goods/gadgets/2007/08/13/Movie-Projectors-for-A-Cell-Phone
 
Wow people have balls shorting Tech.
I wouldn't since it's far easier to fire a person then a piece of software.
 
Wild Westie, thanks for the article on our girl Mavis.

Is your tagname a derivation from one of my favorite by any chance?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.