Thursday, August 02, 2007

 

Sector Spotlight: Brokers

This is exactly the type of market action needed, in order to form a sustainable bottom. Let it just meander, ho hum, for a week or so. Then BAMM, inject it with steroids, via good economic data, and tell it to go hit a few homeruns.

Thus far, defense, biotech and homebuilders are leading the way. Also, keep note of the treasuries. Yields are creeping back up again. Perhaps the doomsday scenario is losing some traction.

At this stage, it makes sense to take profits on recent buys and preserve capital. As you know, before the market can really giddyup, the fuckers from CNBC will demand it "retest the lows." It's sort of a last ditch propaganda effort, by the bears, to cover their positions--before the market annihilates them.

Right now, the direction of the market is being dictated by the brokers. Therefore, keep an eye on LEH, LAZ, MS, GS, BSC and MER.

With my money, I will buy MVIS and MCHX, today. Quite frankly, I don't get why MCHX is down so much, without respite.

Additionally, now that JJ the clown is out of SWC--it will probably head north. Just a hunch.

NOTE: This weekend, I will be going on vacation, until mid next week. In the meantime, my "Supreme Weekend Blogger" will take the reins.

EMERGENCY UPDATE: SWC is a "Super Strong Sell." Thanks Mike.

Comments:
Nice trading action on AHM. Wish I had the extra funds a day or 2 ago to trade it.
 
Can I go ahead and edit your spelling error in the above post, since I'm taking the "reigns?"

Maybe you were making a pun about my sovereign authority?
 
I didn't know robots went on vacations.
 
Where's the error?
 
JJ The clown may be playing us with a little reverse Psychology.

I checked the SWC Yahoo message board looking for the "bad News" that JJ was talking about. Every thread was JJ speculating and pumping as usual.

The guy is a huge clown, but his call to short AAPL two days after earnings was a good one.
 
Fly, special request: Would you mind identifying some fucktardedly oversold financials that have low exposure to shitty mortgages? Also, MRO is getting it's anus torn out today. Your take?
 
Pick me up a burger, just make sure it's not horse frickin' meat.
 
Dan,

Cheggout LM. Eets a goodie.
 
Dan--

That's hard, since they are very secretive. Perhaps CS and LAZ.
 
I just got into my time machine and went back to 10 minutes ago and corrected the error.
 
Gracias amigo.
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Kinda figgered. Way too clever.

I may be misguided, but I think JJ is an ESL-grad.
 
Noted.

While my posts maybe be fucktarded and full of squiggly lines, at least you can rest assured knowing that grammar and spelling will be empeckible.
 
AHM on fire.

New MVIS report coming up.
 
That was me (wait, who am I anyway?) posting the JJ comments, pretty funny don't ya think? The internet is a whimzical world of non-tangible fun! I'll put one more up just for kicks.
 
I just bought back my SWC, now there is talk of F buying stock piles of Palladium again so GM won't get there hands on it, the government will then fine GM for not having catalytic converters in their cars. Sounds like a plan, back in SWC.
 
Post earnings runups...

GRMN to $100
CMG to $100

heck, I'll even say NVT to $100.

...this kind of action will lead us higher.

-gio
 
Any reason for the nice action in ARWR (up 5% today)?
 
mmmmm ARWR
 
It appears to be gaining momentum from this week's news. Some hedge fund with a lot of cash trying to suck you in and leave you holding the bag. JMHO
 
Those imposters are dog fucking losers. I have never sold my SWC positions, you moron. Who fucked with my blog, eh? It's now back to working condition.

A bunch of money losers!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.