Friday, August 24, 2007

 

Sector Spotlight: Energy

Angelo Mozilo, CEO of CountryWide Financial


Oil hasn't bounced yet. As the market mellows out, look for funds to start flowing back into energy related names. Within the sector, I like UPL, VLO, NEU, ALJ, SU and GLF.

Also, ignore the assholes who say "the Fed's job does not entail saving bad investments, via cutting rates."

Fuck that.

At this stage, the Fed has to cut rates, in order to stay ahead of the curve. The funny thing is, most of the fucktards who are against cutting rates are also bears, who believe we are heading into recession. In other words, they'd prefer to keep rates high, in order to press the economy into a recession. You know, they want to bank a little coin off their shitty short positions.

However, keep in mind, if the bear pundits are correct and we head into recession, clear the deck, periscope up; because we are going down.

Today, I like the action in industrial, energy and metal names. I do not like how the stupid "safe haven" tech sector is behaving, with knifing action in MRVL. That company blows.

With my money, stubbornly, I will buy LNN and ATI. Also, if I'm in the mood, I might take a small bite out of UNG.

Comments:
Angelo has darkened since we last saw him on cnbc.
 
Although politically incorrect, looks do mean something in the business world as many times perception is reality. There is no way I would go to CFC to get a loan knowing that the CEO looks like a mobster. I would always be thinking that my kneecaps would be broken if I am late on a payment.
 
Funny! lol. Next should be a pumpkin dressed in Armani.
 
I thought you were on vacation. What was that shitty post about 44k savings? I mean what kind of fucking high end items will I be buying with my 44k? Maybe a small bracelet from Harry Winston can wipe out my fucking entire life savings. If all people have saved is 44k I got news for them YOUR FUCKED!
 
Fly, I hope you fired that old man.
 
Crude--

As you know, he is old and unable to follow directions quickly.

I will give him another chance and you (the internet people) shall decide his fate.

Long live internet democracy.
 
MT on fire
 
that burnt toast is fucking great !
 
Natural Gas Headline: "Today the government decided that Natural Gas should be free and they decided to turn off the hurricane machine. Natural gas markets closed up shop and stopped trading contracts. All of this came about after Angelo Mozilo and Guy Adami pleaded that their tanning machines were natural gas powered and the cost of their tanning was astronomical and Natural Gas should be free."
 
Fly,

Burnt toast... classic.

Have a good weekend,

-DT
 
LMAO! I have yet to read the post, but the picture of burnt toast almost killed me, funny!
 
Not trying to one up you, but here's Angelo, the way I see him.
 
Wow who is the hot slut on CNBC this morning?
 
Oh, and definitely be sure to fark with the "image zoom" on that thing for full effect.
 
If you like GLF and UNG what about OII : Oceaneering International, Inc. and its subsidiaries provide engineered products and services primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry. Very nice chart and very high growth.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.