Monday, August 13, 2007

 

Sector Spotlight: Financials

I trust this market like I trust a fucking greedy little leprechaun guarding my treasure box. As a result, I started taking profits on some of my recent buys, namely CENX. I will not sell RS this cheap. Without doubt, I'll be selling that fucker $5 higher.

However, I want to buy stocks that have been beaten down, due to fund liquidations. Today, I started buying back AZZ. With any momentum, AZZ will net a quick 5 points.

In general, today's trading is superb, with the exception of the homies.

Once again, the only aggressive housing play for me is via a bank, CORS. Other than that, I feel the homebuilders have a quick 10% to the downside left.

The financials opened up, punching the bears in the scrotum, right out the gates. However, it's worth noting, they're weakening.

Beware of the "value trap." These fuckers still have significant headline risk.

With my money, I'll continue to short LAZ, due to the likelihood of a contraction in m&a.

Nonetheless, CORS, ECPG, CLMS, KBW, ACGL, BX, DHIL, KB, GS, BSC and LEH have mojo.

Finally, at the end of the day, it makes sense adding to names unaffected by the "credit crunch." Meaning: Staying long stocks that are not take over targets or in the financial space. In my opinion, discounts in MVIS, AZZ, LNN, VMI, FTK, FMCN, NTRI and AEO should be bought.
However, appropriate hedges should still be held.

Comments:
Looks like NewEq throwing in the towel was a bottom. He's a bottom.
 
Fly,

What's a hedge against MVIS????
 
I think me betting Steve that the Dow would go to 14,500, before it hits 12,000 was the bottom. I never win bets. But I love hedging against my portfolio. Bruce, sadly Hillary is still going to take the White House.
 
Buy puts for hedge.

Look at that SMDI, damn!
 
OEX puts.

Short the strength, buy the weakness you stupid fucks.
 
Crude you piker, the bet was 13,000 not 12,000. But, yeah, I aslo wondered if DumbEquity going to cash was a bottom.
 
Oops, sorry, your'e right. I knew you had the upper hand on that bet. It was 14,500 before 13,000.
 
NTRI is obviously run by pinheaded nimrods.

Why would anyone announce their CFO was leaving the day after the DJIA drops 400 points AND 6 of the world's central banks are forced to inject liquidity to stem off a financial crisis?

Pure fucktardedness.
 
Bought 3k MVIS 4.79
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.