Friday, August 24, 2007

 

Wall Street Pundits are Analcysts

You probably don't follow Howard Lindzon on Twitter. I did, but I gave up on him and everybody else. I closed my Twitter account.

Howard's a bright guy.

But his Tweets were all about his peeing. As we say at our house, I'm a Russian because European. Maybe it's something about Phoenix, where he lives, but he is always looking for a place to take a pee when he's on the road. So he would Twitter about it. I think he thought that was the social thing to do.

Back to him being a bright guy. He was the angel investor that gave Wallstrip.com the boost just when it needed it. Urinangel? He obviously recognized a unfulfilled niche in financial analysis (pop culture meets stock culture plus stocks at an all time high) and had great faith the the people that made it work.

Work it did. CBS bought them.

But watch it during the week - or check the archives - the weekends suck because it's I'm Howard the Putz Show.

So when Howard Lindzon talks, I like to pay attention. I do my trades with Upchuck & Schwab, but do all my own research by reading The Fly, Howard, and others.

Here's what Howard says:

It’s obvious I think it’s a pretty much useless affair, but than again, I am small and I don’t trust anyone on the street. You should not either. You should enjoy reading the people on my blogroll, but do your own work and thinking.

BTW: Howard, where is your blogroll?

I have no idea how much money he controls through his hedge fund and other companies. Don't care.

The best advice I ever got was "invest in what you know" and "do your own research."

I'm always open for new ideas, I cruise the blogrolls regularly. Give me your genius (other than your ownself.)

I'm GoingLikeSixty and I'll be here all weekend, please tip your bartender.


Comments:
We know who you are. Please stop repeating yourself.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.