Sunday, August 26, 2007

 

You've Aged Wonderfully

Naturally, when you’re young, aging is a mere artifice of the mind, used to explain away the sullying of a once sharp wit and body. Everything is a laugh, as you dance the midnight dance, then awake fresh-faced and prime, ready to do Spartan battle on the day. I am a one-man phalanx, I always say. Time, however illusory, passes.

Then, one day, you’re thirty—no matter, you say—I feel the same. I am the same. Yet, you’re no longer the spry energetic embodiment of youth, and even mundane activities like swatting flies around the house makes you sore--and for some reason, bitter.

Oh, and my wife is having twins, so she’s an angry blimp, and all she will eat is cayenne peppers, peanut butter, and sun-dried tomatoes.

Happy Birthday dear Danny, Happy Birthday to you, and many moooooore

Holy fuckistan, did I just nap through my 40th?

Ok, this is ridiculous. I am 44. I didn’t accomplish even 1/5 of the dreams of my youth. I am not a rich as want, and I am not philandering women in the South Baltic sea, and the hair that fell out of my head, in some sick sleight-of-genetic hand, has re-grown on my ass. I tried to do my morning fifty—fifty pushups, fifty sit-ups—I was unable to walk or lift my arms for 6 days.

Now, I am fifty, and time has slowed to a snail’s crawl. I am embittered, having experienced firsthand a number of ass-kickings and financial fuckings doled out by this “great” life of mine. I now organize my pills by day and time. I cannot join AARP, and they won’t let me anywhere near the aerobics lesson at the gymnasium—there was some unpleasantness—I can never go back.

Right around 55, the brain changes yet again. I begin to abhor contractions and abbreviations, and start to smatter my verbiage with increasingly grandiose accoutrements, in a vain attempt to sound like I am something, or to recapture the power of my youth. Oh and I play a LOT of crosswords.

Then, you turn sixty, and life’s caustic condition pushes your bitterness of the top the UCLA’s John C. Dvorak old senile fuck scale. You have resigned to salvage what is left by warning young people of the impending doom and challenges they face. Shouting in the street, “THE END IS NIGH,” seems a viable option, but you do not want to be recognized by the other bridge players around town.

I know, I will open a webpage, goinglikesenility.com!

I suppose that brings us up to speed, so without further adieu, the top five things I disliked about the last poster:

1.) It pissed me the fuck off that he would say "We boomers have $403040506506 in the market," and he would link that number, but not to anything relevant, just to his site. The only times I actually clicked that old fuck’s links, thinking in vain that I'd get a pertinent article, or even a related part of his website, he has to make a mockery of me by simply linking to the home page of goinglikesenility.com

2.)Numerous spelloing and gramatical errors, viz., totally disregarded numerical comma conventions. 44000 or 440000, you tell me, turkey throat.

3.) Was steadfast in the face of resounding opposition. And not in an honorable way, in the 'I am in over my head posting on this site" way. Tell us, once more time why you think, you know what, nevermind.

4.) Ducati-like ability to use one's own horribly skewed persicope to see and assess the world. Incorrectly.

5.) Stocks are the PV of future cash flow. If you can anticipate an increase in future CF and it happens, the stock goes up—magical. Tell me how you pulling 44k out of the market or moving it to fixed income affects the cash flow, of fuck, it doesn’t even have to be creative, MCD, ADM, VLO, BBD. The world is getting smaller.

You claim, in no uncertain words, that double-digit growth is dead, yet, suggest buying a basket of stocks--that for all intents and purposes--tracks the market.

Healthcare, real estate, retail, and cyclical industrial.

Bra-fucking-vo.

I bet the boomers caused the end of montgomery wards, hula hoops, jellies, and clearly canadienne [sic]. Growth stocks come and go, but some things stay the same--Sorry boomer--story of your life, but you're not special enough to be the cause of any precipitous declines in anything.

Hopefully you old farks can use this post as a primer on how to avoid prime suckage at the many crossroads of life.

Oh and a stock tip related to this horseshit?

ALLERGAN.

Comments:
ouch.
 
Double digit returns will never go away they will only shift around during times of change. Obviously when your old and slow its hard to adjust to change thus double digit gains are unattainable.
 
@danny: that your best?

Webpage? It's called a blog.

Spelling is importatnt to u? u txt?

Expect me to fold if others disagree? Silly child.

5. So your market is the four sectors you listed? I'm good for five years with opportunity buys.

AGN wasn't a stock tip maroon.

You want a tip: ATCO, you'll love it.
 
Gotta like the Wilford Brimley-like cantankerousity and drive.
 
Obviously the young are only qualified for weekend blogger status. Here's next weeks candidate, an equally impressive conversationalist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww
 
Zing!

Great read.
 
I have a diversificated port. When I text, I spell it out. Yup. T9, allows you to type fast.

Wouldn't expect you to fold, just entertain other viewpoints.

Look, the point was your a spirited guy, but your incorrect in the assumptions you made. Your personal blog is pretty funny, in its context, just the financial thing ain't your forte. Most of my article was meant to be humorous except the last five things, which did indeed piss me off. So all in all, you still rank higher than laughing(kid)stock.

Hard to compare to me though, as I can stomach massacre, then wake up and type that beautiful splendor with no coffee.
 
"your a spirited guy"? Poor, silly, bad-spelling Americans. It's "yore"! Now, off to Camleot!
 
Yet another example of stupid fucking old people http://www.thestreet.com/s/kass-why-a-25-drop-isnt-out-of-the-question/markets/activetraderupdate/10375445.html?puc=_dm&
 
Danny- that is some funny stuff. You are gifted with that gabby shit.
 
the first part was funny ... the 2nd over the top mean-spirited
 
Bruce--

Don't hide it any longer. You are over 47 1/2, aren't you?

Danny--

You meant "you're."
 
liked the post danny.

i am feeling really self conscience about my handle: boomer. it makes me feel old.

but ive made so much trading BOOM that i will just keep it.
 
It was pretty obvious after reading his blog on Friday, that "60" was dead man walking.

Danny, what a blast..you have officially fucked yourself with "Old Man Hippie Karma"... Your going to need to watch out for --- thinning hair,random hemroids,frequent piss problems,and weak erections ,just to name a few. Don't underestimate those 1960's ponytail cocksuckers.

And completely off topic they just found Chris Farley reincarnated.

Chris Farley
 
I'm 50
 
I thought you were the old dude, Boom. lol.
 
Thanks for the comments.

agreed, that typo is shameful.

bruce, mean-spirited? Not using commas is annoying. Linking to your homepage fifty times is annoying. Making assumptions that are just those and turning it into a thesis isn't annoying, just kinda dumb. Plus, I have to assume people know what comes next when they guest post here--I am champing at the bit. Needless belittlement isn't the point--the point is, it's funny.

hey, if you want to feel bad about life, watch superbad, the funniest movie I've seen in a while.

1.)here

2.) trailer

2.) disturbingly here
 
Zing!
 
lol



ZING!


PS: short and sweet
 
Danny - you had your points in there for sure

1 - agreed .. didn't notice all the links though
2 - poor grammar don't bother me
3 - Was steadfast in the face of resounding opposition - as you pointed out, can be a positive .. understood on the 2nd part
4 - somewhat true .. but probably true for nearly everyone on this planet
5 - agreed

and your wrapup .. gee .. agree again ..

upon further review .. nevermind .. now that I've reread it, not too bad

I gave him A for effort, enthusiasm & energy .. he kinda overposted a bit.. could have been more concise & relevant I suppose
 
Danny, that first section was some of the funniest stuff I have read in a long time. But this recent verbal tension between the idealist boomer GoingSixty and the Fly-groupy Xers is quite funny as well.
 
Danny, dude that was some funny ass shit. Fly, Danny should weekend blog permanently. As for Superbad that was the funniest movie i've seen in a long time.As a fellow vancouverite I'm proud to see others like Seth Rogen succeed. Long live McLovin and welcome back Danny. Wu-Tang Forever muthafucka's!

P.S. Quit fear mongering you oldheads
 
Danny,

I used to think you were an idiot but now I truly believe you are and ass raping monkey farmer.

Grow your mouth up.
 
I was feeling old this weekend. My daughter, who graduated from college over two years ago, just came home after spending two years in the Peace Corps in Romania (yes that Romania). She got her real first job in Washington DC and I drove her to her new apartment. It was 14 hours up on Sat and 14 hours back today (Sun.) Then I read Danny's posting and now I feel down right aged. I believe I will skip trading tommorrow and go pick put my headstone.
 
Sorry, that was "pick up my headstone." Must be my cateracts. Thanks Danny.
 
That's the last time I help you with your homework, fucker.
 
thx again for the comments.

bruce, I'm glad we came to a consensus, and I agree he was enthusiastic. He's in his element at his own site, just not here.

The problems I listed are funny because they are universal--if you spend too much time being dissatisfied, you must prepare for a shitty life, because life's dissatisfaction to satisfaction ratio is a million to one.

You should take satisfaction in everything you do, so you don't end up the bitter old person I described.

Life is fucked and gay for everyone, even silver-spoon sally. No one does shit for you, so understanding how to be satisfied is important because you create your world.

Second life? WTF?

how bout you create your REAL life in the same way, or in the first place, before you obsess over fake shit.

Finishing college, and feeling like my own youth is winding down was some of the source for this post, but there is much more to look forward to, so it was a reminder to myself as much as anyone how important perspective is.

Don't forget what it feels like to take charge and do something.

Tony Robbins seminar over.
 
Caddy,

lol!
 
Danny, good post here.
 
More like a Tom Robbins seminar.
 
Clarifier: We "almost old" are X'ers (those of us under the boomer years, but before the early eighties kids like Danny), and Danny is actually a Y-er.

If you can believe how stupid the naming of generations has gotten.
 
danny

3 fucking words:

fucking grow up !


i mean - your ramble is a bunch of fucking bullshit. you are not smart enuf to embrace your own reality - go read some fucking self help trash like dr. phil or wayne dyer ... or watch some fucking oprah with a tub of rocky road.

your post is a whining bunch of bath water bullshit.

fucking grow up.

idot
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.