Tuesday, September 04, 2007

 

Stocks for Dummies

As you know, "The Fly" rarely dabbles in ETF's. However, if you have an interest, check out ETF Trends for some detailed analysis.

I probably should buy and sell these products more often. I guess, I'm "old school," when it pertains to investing.

Anyway, I highly recommend perusing over August's ETF report, for some insight into what's working.

Doing some research, I noticed a new China/India ETF: FNI. And, a nuclear ETF: NLR.

Pretty cool stuff, for lazy people.

Comments:
Natty through UNG is one wild, wacky ETF
 
Fuck the Chinee-SevElev ETF, BIDU's punching the tits off new highs.
 
How lazy and fucktarded would it be to draw a straight line on the chart of an ETF?
 
Ah Bill- the age old question: the egg or the chicken?

See, the "calculator brain" can not be utilized for such seemingly simple calculations.

If it is so simple, it must be wrong, no? :)
 
UNG riding high. Time for a couple hurricanes to drill the GOM.
 
Is this just one complete market short squeeze?

When the market is largly oversold, and I think there is going to be a run, QLD and SSO seem to perform fairly well. I just make sure to have a reasonably tight stop.
 
I like throwing in a few ETFs - the couple that I own are because I don't want to own specific stocks internationally. EWZ (Brazil) and CEE (Central & Eastern Europe/Russia) have done great for me in the time I've owned them. I'll take making money lazy & easy over making money hard & with a lot of work.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.