Monday, August 20, 2007

 

Sector Spotlight: Retail

Last week, many hedge funds were forced to liquidate positions they didn't want to sell. As a result, many stocks were walked down, as if they were loaning money to trailer park owners.

For example: Look at HANS.

A few week's ago, HANS blew out their estimates, sending the stock from $42-49. Post sub prime blow up, the stock went below $41.

Wrong.

In my opinion, without doubt, HANS is going back to $49--now up $1.28 to $43.40.

As you know, currently, many stocks are undervalued and should be bought. However, it's also worth noting, that doesn't mean shit from shingles--if the market starts nosediving, again.

In short, you have to have a fucking "calculator brain" to figure this asshattery out. I'm sorry to disappoint, but most of you are better qualified to fix a flat tire, than fuck around with stocks and bonds-- and other stuff like that (Reminder: despite "The Fly's" 3rd grade writing style, he is still smarter than you).

As for the Hurricane Front:

Forget about Dean. I'm on to bigger and more deadlier storms. 92L is making its way towards Florida and is thirsty for some light sweet crude. Naturally, I really don't know my dick from a doorknob--when it comes to the "global warmed" weather patterns. However, using simple probability formula's, I can tell you: the GOM is going to have its rigs eaten for it.

So, as a result, I feel it makes sense to buy more UNG, FUEL, NGAS, GLF, BEXP, NGS and maybe a little TRGL.

NOTE: LNN is my top pick.

NOTE II: I realize, not once did I mention retail, despite it being my "sector spotlight." I changed my mind. Plus, I was too lazy to change the title, despite spending 30x more time giving you (internet leech) a ridiculous explanation. So, fuck you.

Comments:
Speaking of Retail... BIG GAINS in AEO today. any insights of their earnings tomorrow Broker A?
 
The truth comes out: Cramer's picks

This is so sad... and pathetic...
 
people love to hate and bash cramer ... the fact remains that his calculator brain made him a fortune ... not that I'd blindly follow anyones advice, no matter how many millions or billions they made
 
How can they judge how Cramer's picks have done?

He's a trader. You can't cover that with a TV show running on a set schedule. Hell, I've even heard of calculator brains that were barely able to keep a blog up to date on trades.

Cramer tells you what he thinks of a stock at the time the show airs, but he doesn't pop up on the tube every time he'd close out a position.

His advice could be much better than YourMoneyWatch.com calculated -- or much worse.

The focus of the article should have been on the flaw of getting trading advice from a source that doesn't update frequently enough to react to market moves and other information.
 
Cramer rocks fly sucks. Yo calculator brain, are you stil up 40%YTD? Missed you bragging about your returns. LMFAO
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

 Subscribe in a reader

DISCLAIMER: This is a personal web site, reflecting the opinions of its author. It is not a production of my employer, and it is unaffiliated with any FINRA broker/dealer. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of anyone other than myself. The information on this site is provided for discussion purposes only, and are not investing recommendations. Under no circumstances does this information represent a recommendation to buy or sell securities.